SOUTH AFRICA and NAMIBIA.
16 day motorcycle tour.
Our main attraction here is the mystical and beautiful African country of Namibia which we will experience as it should: on board a BMW motorcycle. But we will have the opportunity to ride through South Africa as well. As we make our way from Cape Town to Windhoek we will be taken back by the surprisingly, ever changing landscapes, the vast country with its plains, deserts and dunes, the extensive wildlife, the jaw-dropping, big open skies and the indescribably incredible feeling of freedom riding the gravel roads of Namibia.. yeah that’s what we all crave!
Starting in Cape Town, we wind our way through breathtaking coastal routes and work our way north, via the Cape Winelands towards the Tankwa Karoo, exploring the backroads of the Cederberg mountain range.
We ride along the Fish River Canyon and make our way towards the coast. Then back inland, exploring the hidden gems of the desert and finally we end off on a high at the Etosha National Park with its abundant wildlife. This ride is one you can’t miss, come join us! Let’s build stories about unforgettable moments in Africa.
– Cape of Good Hope with Chapman’s Peak Drive
– Karoo and Cederberg
– Fish River Canyon
– Kolmanskop Ghost Town
– Sossusvlei and Deadvlei
– Namibian Desert
– Etosha National Park
Total Days: 16 (includes arrival and departure days)
Riding Days: 11
Rest Days: 3
Tour Start: Cape Town, South Africa.
Tour Finish: Windhoek, Namibia.
Distance: 3,500 kms
Riding Hours Per Day: 6-7 hours per day
Road Conditions: 60% gravel roads. 40% paved roads.
1. Arrival in Cape Town.
2. Cape Town to Grabouw.
3. Grabouw to Tankwa Karoo.
4. Tankwa Karoo to Nieuwoudtville.
5. Nieuwoudtville to Springbok.
6. Springbok to Fish River Canyon
7. Fish River Canyon to Aus
8. Rest Day Aus (optional Ghost Town ride).
9. Aus to Sossusvlei.
10. Rest Day (Sossusvlei – Dunes).
11. Sossusvlei to Swakkopmund.
12. Swakkopmund to Vingerklip.
13. Vingerklip to Etosha.
14. Rest Day (Etosha National Park).
15. Etosha to Windhoek.
- 15 nights accommodation in handpicked exceptional hotels and locations.
- 14 day motorcycle rental with unlimited mileage, motorcycle insurance and one-way transfer fee.
- Breakfasts and dinners throughout the trip.
- Leading guide on a motorcycle.
- Support vehicle for luggage, water, spares and tools, additional motorcycle.
- Excursions: Cape Peninsula Park, Fish River Canyon, Sossusvlei and Dunes drive, Etosha Game Drive.
- Toll fees & entrance to National Parks.
- Airport transfers.
PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Airfares. (Note: your arrival destination should be Cape Town, South Africa. Your departure destination will be from Windhoek, Namibia).
- Motorcycle fuel.
- Travel and Medical Insurance.
- Lunches and Refreshments.
- Excursions not mentioned in the tour inclusions.
- Personal expenses.
- Helmet and protective gear. (Please bring your own gear).
- Motorcycle luggage (Tankbags, panniers, etc. can be rented).
- Visa related fees.